Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Why can't it be Lent again

I miss Easter. Yes, I'm overly-religious at the moment, depending on Jesus, what the hell do I know. I just live it. I wish it could be Lent again, where I give up everything I love and I own, I'd start with just toothpaste, of course. That should make it up, yes all of human's sins.

Why can't it just be Easter again, I missed it the last time, too caught up in the waterpark...remember the satin? And Christmas, don't forget, had let me down. What kind of a Christian family has no tree in 2008? Not I.

I planned w-a-a-a-y ahead the year before, remember? Totally wrapped all my ornaments carefully in the most spectacular Target-bought boxes. Planning ahead, I said to myself, for the time BEFORE Christmas, the joy in our eyes.

But all that work, and all that planning, even the cabin-fun setting. But no tree. Sure, we had plenty of Crate & Barrel boxes, which was unusual, even for my taste. But no tree. In 2008 we had no tree.

No comments: