Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Twinkle

Can't get a certain look out of my eye, well, it's in my mind's eye, a memory. There's a certain sound too, in the voice of "it's fantastic", everytime I recall that sound I'm like, ooh, and oh no. Whenever sounds and sights get stuck in my mind's eye and ear, I know I'm done for. At least I'm assuming, because it's never really happened to me like this before.

The look though, it's different from just plain genuine, it's not even really a twinkle, it's like, just happy. But probably not just any kind of happy because otherwise I wouldn't have noticed. I guess I can't pinpoint exactly what kind of happy it is...and should I?

I probably should, but I'm not sure how though. Of course I'll try, I always will, because I don't want to repeat any past experiences that make me seem like I won't try, because I always always will. The happy was like, like a sure kind of happy I guess. I don't know, that's not even right.

It was glee-like but that's been used in so many contexts it wouldn't count. Maybe a glimpse of the future happy, or just an I found myself happy, or, I still don't know. But at least I'm trying. I know what it was, yes, this must be it, it could be nothing else in the world.

It's an I like Cat Stevens happy, that's all it was. Well, I'm glad I finally figured that out myself.

No comments: