Friday, May 8, 2009

Most Simplistic Math

No, my children aren't coins, what could you be thinking. Nor clockhands. Were you a homeschooler, these aspects of teaching numbers would be important to you, most people aren't and so they don't understand.

I have so many stories about when I first became a mother, it makes me proud of myself. You see I fell into it, so abruptly and unvoluntarily, the fact that my lemonade turned out so perfectly, well it's something I take pride in. And my love of it never ends, it turns out.

I knew there was only one important thing in life that I could do well, no matter the other things I was good at. To raise children with intention, to get completely over my self, not only was it fairly easy, but someday they'll be really cool adults.

Most of my friends, or I guess you could say influences, were like "daycare, and real jobs, not welfare", oh my. I only had to depend on the system for a very short bit, tossed that awesome experience in my ol' bag of insights. Could happen to anyone, you know? That's it.

It's not always about slackers, or bad educations. But it always seems to be about getting over ourselves. For me that's more easy. When the toss up is between being totally tuned in, and on time...or in step with all your fellow sheep, and plain wanderers.

Kids are where it's at, kids are always where it will be. As far as priorities at least, they create the best me.

No comments: