Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Only the Game Show

Turns out drooling IS allowed on television these days. And, marionettes have strings emanating straight from their hearts, uplifting. Makes me less resentful of the pile of laundry I stared down this morning, determined to come up with an actual plan that involved concerted effort.

A small goal, to never leave the house again before all my laundry is folded and put away. Seemed simple and possible in the moment, not too much to ask the universe's guiding grace for. Yet, within moments I was attacked by SEVEN DEMONS!!!

C'mon, this happens to other people all the time, right? Can a housewife never remain permanently satisfied, ever? God forbade it, of course.

And so, I started ruminating about past blogs I've loved who've let me down. Chef Anne came immediately to mind, because she's the only trained chef I know who has a husband who fell off a roof and never regained his totality back. Thank God she thought to go to cooking school before she birthed seven kids. Plus, she gives out free cookbooks. To ME!!!

Garlic bread IS an art, I knew it.

No comments: