Monday, February 15, 2010

Not going to download that picture

Just thought I'd announce my intentions before I didn't complete the task. It was the serious, womanly one from church, remember? I second-guessed downloading it only this evening, as before then, I didn't really care one way or the other.

My original inspiration, for when I was planning to download it, had to do with other pictures I've seen taken when people didn't care. Care about what? Oh, about exactly how it looked to other people. You know, there's character to be seen in those moments when you don't care how it looks to other people.

Now, I've downloaded the picture. Second-guessed that second-guessed thought. Not even going to call it third-guessed, because that would cross the line into kitschy, and you know how I LOVE kitchy.



There, I've downloaded the picture and yes, my forehead is shiny, my skin is blotchy, and my glasses are crooked. Not that I care, these days. I just wanted to prove something to myself I guess...one, being that character counts more than superficiality.

Two, that I can be wrong, and correct my own self. And three...that one day at a time, with faith, God's will is best. Whatever that might become in this day-and-age. Whatever, you know?

No comments: