Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Not Winston Churchill enough

Just my opinion. I don't know what I was expecting, a little more stubborn bravado, less the composed academic we all grow tired of. And like Arianna suggested, a flight suit would've been nice.

I'm so glad I turned immediately to FoxNews for perspective after almost being enlightened by Obama's speech. It was refreshing to find actual journalists with real names, deciding with zero deliberation that this speech was the worst attempt at leadership ever witnessed.

A relief to those of us who oppose just to oppose, without even thinking. Quite the burden lifted, and no, I don't feel the least bit like a traitor. Personally, I raise my children with the "come back with your shield, or on it" mindset, and they know not to cross me. Laconic ancestry, if you must know...and Spartan.

Never would I spare the whip, lest I spoil my children into trusting me. Patriarchy is simply the best and only option, and I quote cartoon Linus whenever the holidays approach (it's my penchant for the city of David). Kidding, that privilege belongs to a rich storyteller whose ratings are worth more than the secrets that probably slip out regularly. Accidentally.

Just imagining, as usual.

No comments: