Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A strong, steady heartbeat

Makes everything better when you can actually hear it, Wednesday didn't end up being so bad. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe that final reckoning for all I didn't cherish, all I never dared to take for granted any of those last times. Fear's not the worst sin in the world, it's the only way that finding your way becomes possible, makes you thankful for the deliverance and evermoreso devoted to grace.

This baby for example, it's about 13 weeks along, just guessing. It's extra special in my eyes, because this child was definitely created for an undeniable reason. Not that I know what it is. But, I do know that this baby is a witness to something extraordinary, maybe showed up just in time to see for its own self what it feels like to grow inside of a mother who's overflowing with so much delectable love on her insides.

Could be, maybe it's something else, but I like entertaining myself by thinking of it this way. I'd never hold back all the love I have, especially with a precious being eager to know what the world has in store for its future. Quite the dose I've given it so far, every range of emotion I'd never encountered or even considered. Life changes and hormones will do that to you, as will uncertainty about all things and the excavating I always seem to be prone to.

Good day overall, except for the lack of flow in my writing. I hate not being at the mercy of my muse whenever I feel it, that's the worst part. But it's strengthening me in other ways, ways that support the next stage of my journey...it may translate into better writing, if that's something I decide to even care about. Mostly now it's just the school year, my faithful walk into new territories, and digesting all I've chosen for my life so far.

No comments: