Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jet-setting it in Fargo

Gosh, I wish all the pieces would just fall into place. Every part of me wants the universe to know that there's no better way to spend a life than absorbed in your children. From there, each loved moment fully-lived reaps more blessings than any human deserves, talk about intention!

One chance to tune-in all the way, to look back at every choice knowing you did your absolute best. It's hard enough to be imperfect as a parent, but to sacrifice those moments to reverie, or wonder, or anything separate from the only now that can be controlled...it's a loss.

My mind never stops considering all the possibilities in life. What I wouldn't give to learn about politics from the past, to hear just one "when Hoover was in office" from a Chris Matthews who's been there. To be able to sort effortlessly between the haves and have-nots, and understand completely why their influence is any better.

I do what I do, and I used to do it well. It's never been not-enough, it's always been exactly my purpose on earth, and I'm still there. Some decade, I guess, a new one even, perhaps. Well, if my feet will start walking again, in their own steps...I just might arrive there.

No comments: