Saturday, January 2, 2010

I swear I'm in labor

What do I know, only done this five times before. Lots of things are different during this pregnancy than my last ones. For one, I've barely had time to enjoy my "outcast" status, so consumed with the non-essential details of being who I am despite my better judgment.

Walking around in public with five kids is one thing, garners teachable stares. But PREGNANT with five kids, haven't been able to bask once in an "oh my God, LOOK!"...although I've wanted to. Many times, I'd have liked nothing more than to have held my head high with the "you betcha" I've worked so hard all on my own to attain.

I can tolerate the stares of cute children, however. Their eyes grow the size of saucers when a mom-like-theirs walks by with five children in tow, and pregnant. A world of possibility must open up for them, an actual real-live "people actually do CHOOSE to have more than 2-3 children, you know."

I'm evangelical and proud in that way, and always will be.

No comments: