Thursday, April 8, 2010

Growing pains

As I walk the long road of becoming reacquainted with family, trading in my previously coveted throne as "that one who homeschooled against our advice and produced more grandkids than we needed", it's hard.

Really painful, and something I'd normally avoid, thanks to my knowledge of ROOT chakras and the dilemmas they cause. Before, standing alone wasn't only necessary, but it's where I belonged.

I only wrote that last part for its rhyming capacity, it's not really where I belonged. I experiment daily though, with standing APART from everyone, keeping my energy my own.

But now, my dad needs me in the fold, and despite the hurt I feel in my heart and throat, I keep myself aimed. Toward full grown. Yes, that sounds like it belongs there, doesn't it?

No. Well, point is, the places where it hurts to grow, we should go. You know?

No comments: