Monday, April 5, 2010

The bottom of the pickle barrel

It's where I found my missing parts, and surprisingly, the rainbow reflecting itself in the putrid juice...not as freaky as I'd imagined. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE pickles...on everyday of the week, even Mondays.

But mostly, they just remind me that my position in life was a gift given to me directly by God. And of course by position, I'm referring to my status as wife, mother, and pollyanna self. I almost gave up the pollyanna schtick altogether, until I realized.

Mainly, I realized that the world is kind of depressing without it, and my obsession about writing what I shouldn't for all the wrong reasons...wouldn't be as satisfying without my prescription blinders.

So, I'm keeping 'em, training for my own special kind of marathon, and yes. Being nothing but myself is plenty, and enough.

No comments: